This blog is dedicated to the enjoyment and benefit of all the rawdoors.com customers

The purpose of this blog is to feature and discuss rawdoors.com customer projects. This blog is meant to be a resource for those folks who are either actively remodeling their kitchen or just considering getting started. Our customer base and audience is both the newbee as well as the established professional

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

What is Kitchen Cabinet Refacing or Resurfacing?


Before Refacing
After Refacing
Kitchen Refacing & Resurfacing is taking your existing kitchen cabinets and replacing the doors and drawer fronts with new ones. For the best results on traditional framed kitchen cabinets the face frames of the cabinets are veneered with a new piece of wood veneer with pressure sensitive adhesive. This allows you to match your new doors and drawer fronts to your old cabinet boxes no matter what wood species or color you want to update to.
Advantages of Do-it-Yourself Kitchen Refacing or Resurfacing include:
  • You can save thousands over a full professionally done kitchen remodel
  • Your kitchen does not have to be completely torn up - You can still use it during the refacing processes
  • You can update the look of your kitchen to any color and wood species
  • A properly done kitchen reface will increase the value of your home significantly
  • You will see an immediate drastic improvement that is very rewarding
  • Chances are there is nothing wrong with structural integrity of your existing cabinets. Why not reuse what you have saving time, money, and mess?
  • Depending on the size of the project a complete kitchen reface can easily be done in as little as a day to a couple of weekends
  • There is no better return on your investment in your home than updating the kitchen
  • The skill level and knowledge required to reface a kitchen is easily within the reach of most homeowners as opposed to a complete kitchen replacement. Very few inexpensive tools are required
Below is another example of a refaced kitchen
Before Refacing
After Refacing
To find out more about kitchen cabinet refacing view some of the other blog posts where customers describe their refacing projects or visit www.rawdoors.net.

7 comments:

  1. Great before and after pics! We recently just finished up doing some cabinet refacing in our New Jersey home and it looks entirely different! I have to admit, I was a little skeptical when we started the project but I am so glad I went through with it. It looks like a very expensive job but we really saved so much! Thanks for the great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such a great idea. I really wanted to remodel my kitchen but couldn't afford to completely revamp it. I chose to docabinet kitchen refacing instead and saved a bunch while still giving me the change I wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    I have a quick question about your blog, do you think you could e-mail me?

    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appeared to be extremely pleased to search out this web-site.I desired to appreciate it for your precious time for this great learn!! I definitely enjoying each little it and I’ve got you saved as a favorite to see fresh things you text.

    I would like to thank you for the efforts you have put in writing this blog. I’m hoping the same high-grade website post from you in the future too. Actually your creative writing skills has inspired me to get my own website going now. Actually blogging is spreading its wings and growing fast. Your write up is a great example.

    Thanks a good deal! I truly enjoyed reading this.Looking through these posts and the information you’ve provided I can appreciate that I still have a lot of things to learn. I will keep reading and keep re-visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post...thanks for the reminder to blog about the everyday things that people want to read. As a real estate agent, I too struggle with what to blog about. Thanks!
    Kitchen remodeling oklahoma city

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for letting us know this one. I'm glad to see your kitchen cabinet. Very attractive design I like it. I will visit your blog everyday to look if there is an update. Anyway if you want to have an example of Kitchen Cabinet Design just Get more information here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am very happy to read such a wonderful blog which gives the helpful information. thanks for sharing. 
    Kitchen Remodel Ideas
    Kitchen Cabinet Planner
    Bathroom Remodel
    Flooring Installation

    ReplyDelete